Background documents and references
Here are some references to documents which have some significance for the Torbay Catchment. Some of them are available from the Department of Water (Albany office) library.
- Evangelisti and Associates (Australia) Pty Ltd (1999) The Status and Issues Relating to the Lake Powell / Torbay Inlet Catchments Unpublished report.
- Green Skills (2000) Survey and Management Recommendations for the Foreshores of the Five Mile and Seven Mile Creeks, Torbay Catchment Unpublished report.
- Hodgekin E.P. and Clark R. (1990) An Inventory of Information on the Estuaries and Coastal Lagoons of South Western Australia - Estuaries of the Shire of Albany Estuarine Studies Series No. 8. Environmental Protection Authority, Perth, Western Australia.
- Kinhill Engineers Pty Ltd (1992) Albany Sewerage Treatment and Disposal of Wastewater - Public Environmental Review Water Authority of Western Australia.
- Jim Davies and Associates; Regeneration Technology Pty Ltd (1999) Best Management Practices for Rural Drains in the South West Drainage Districts of Western Australia - Practitioners Reference Manual (Draft).
- Olsen G. and Skitmore E. (1991) State of the Rivers of the South West Drainage Division Western Australian Water Resources Council, Leederville, Western Australia.
- Pen, L.J. and Scott, M. (1995) Stream Foreshore Assessment in Farming Areas Blackwood Catchment Coordinating Group.
- Regeneration Technology Pty Ltd (1999) Albany Drainage District Supplementary Practioners Manual (DRAFT).
- Ventriss H.B. (1978) Albany Town Water Supply Groundwater Investigations Elleker-Marbelup Region Water Resources Technical Report No. 83. Public Works Department of Western Australia.
- Water Authority of Western Australia (1993) Albany-Denmark Region Source Review Report No. WP 187, August 1993.
- Water and Rivers Commission (1997) Native Vegetation of Estuaries and Saline Waterways in south Western Australia Water and Rivers Commission and the Department of Conservation and Land Management, Perth, Western Australia.
- Edward, D.H.; Gazey, P. and Davies, P.M. (1994) Invertebrate community structure related to physico-chemical parameters of permanent lakes of the south coast of Western Australia Journal of the Royal Society of Western Australia Vol 77: 51-63.
- Close, P. G. (2008) Ecological Water Requirements for Wilson and Torbay Inlets. Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management, The University of Western Australia. CENRM Report 061.
The South Coast Rivercare site has many case studies describing waterways restoration and protection works throughout the south coast region, many of them carried out by the landholders. If you are planning similar work this site may be worth a look before you start.
Temporary Management Guidelines for Lake Powell Reserve 'A' 25809 2006-2010 (180Kb PDF)
Environmental Water Requirements of Wetlands within the Torbay Catchment, South Coast Region
Environmental Water Requirements of Wetlands within the Torbay Catchment, South Coast Region (300Kb PDF)